Pradan Baruah Takes Oath as Lok Sabha Member
BJP office in New Delhi. (File picture)
New Delhi: Newly elected BJP MP from Assam Pradan Baruah on Tuesday took oath as Lok Sabha member.
Baruah, who took oath in Assamese, was recently elected from Lakhimpur Lok Sabha constituency which was vacated by Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal when he was elected to the State Assembly earlier this year.
Baruah was a four-time MLA and had joined the BJP from Congress late last year.
He defeated his nearest Congress rival Hema Hariprasanna Pegu by a margin of over 1,90,000 votes in the bye-elections held this month.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 vs OnePlus 3T vs OnePlus 3: What Difference to Expect?
- Mithali Raj Shuts Up Reporter Who Asked Sexist Question
- Kumble to BCCI: Coach Should Earn 60 Percent of What Captain Gets
- Tubelight Review: Recommended Strictly For Salman's Die-hard Fans
- Pehredaar Piya Ki Promo Sees An Adult Woman Married To a Kid, Cue In The Cringes