Pradan Baruah Takes Oath as Lok Sabha Member
BJP office in New Delhi. (File picture)
New Delhi: Newly elected BJP MP from Assam Pradan Baruah on Tuesday took oath as Lok Sabha member.
Baruah, who took oath in Assamese, was recently elected from Lakhimpur Lok Sabha constituency which was vacated by Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal when he was elected to the State Assembly earlier this year.
Baruah was a four-time MLA and had joined the BJP from Congress late last year.
He defeated his nearest Congress rival Hema Hariprasanna Pegu by a margin of over 1,90,000 votes in the bye-elections held this month.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Review: The Best Black Phone That Money Can Buy
- Azlan Shah 2017: India Gear up for 'Season Opener' in Malaysia
- IPL 2017: Virat Kohli Does Not Believe in Playing Safe
- Baahubali 2 Breaks Dangal's Record; 1 Million Advanced Tickets Booked
- Facebook's Adit Vaidya, On How Groups Can Help 184 Million Monthly Active Indian Users