Pradan Baruah Takes Oath as Lok Sabha Member
BJP office in New Delhi. (File picture)
New Delhi: Newly elected BJP MP from Assam Pradan Baruah on Tuesday took oath as Lok Sabha member.
Baruah, who took oath in Assamese, was recently elected from Lakhimpur Lok Sabha constituency which was vacated by Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal when he was elected to the State Assembly earlier this year.
Baruah was a four-time MLA and had joined the BJP from Congress late last year.
He defeated his nearest Congress rival Hema Hariprasanna Pegu by a margin of over 1,90,000 votes in the bye-elections held this month.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets