DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Chiranjeevi, Vijaykanth parties get poll symbols
It's rail engine for Chiru's Prajarajyam, drums for DMDK.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court has directed the Election Commission to allot election symbols to Chiranjeevi's Prajarajyam, Vijaykanth's DMDK and the Lok Satta.
Prajarajyam will have a rail engine as its symbol, the DMDK will have drums and Lok Satta a whistle as its symbol.
The decision comes on a day when Chiranjeevi's Party came out with its first list of candidates for the Assembly and Lok Sabha elections.
Prajarajyam will contest 100 Assembly seats and nine Lok Sabha seats. Out of 100 Assembly seats, 48 have been given to the backward class.
Chiranjeevi will contest the assembly polls from Tirupati.
The party had earlier decided to release the list on Thursday at the party headquarters here, but deferred it to tomorrow and the venue has also been changed to avoid possible trouble, party sources said.
One reason being cited, though unofficially, for the delay in the release of list is the possibility of several dissidents from the TDP and the TRS jumping to their side at the last minute.
"We may have to accommodate such leaders in at least 15 to 20 constituencies, particularly in the Telangana region. So, we kept our list on hold," a PRP leader said.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Unhappy With Head Coach Anil Kumble?
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Kangana-Ketan Battle: Another Filmmaker Accuses The Latter Of Hijacking His Film
- GST Effect: Ford Figo, Aspire, EcoSport Get Discounts Of Up To Rs 30,000
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong