People realized the harm in voting TMC to power: Karat
Prakash Karat said that economic and living conditions in West Bengal are deteriorating.
Kolkata: Accusing West Bengal Chief minister Mamata Banerjee of encouraging attacks against CPI(M) leaders and workers, CPI(M) General Secretary Prakash Karat on Saturday claimed that the people of the state have realized the harm done by voting such a party to power.
"The people of Bengal have realized what harm has been done by voting such a party to power. The chief minister and Trinamool government are encouraging attacks against CPI(M) leaders and activists. Since May 2011, 85 party workers have been killed," said Karat told a press conference in Kolkata.
Claiming that the the Trinamool Congress government has failed on all fronts, Karat said that economic and living conditions in the state were deteriorating. He alleged that the approach of the TMC and the state government was giving a fillip to communal forces.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)