People realized the harm in voting TMC to power: Karat
Prakash Karat said that economic and living conditions in West Bengal are deteriorating.
Kolkata: Accusing West Bengal Chief minister Mamata Banerjee of encouraging attacks against CPI(M) leaders and workers, CPI(M) General Secretary Prakash Karat on Saturday claimed that the people of the state have realized the harm done by voting such a party to power.
"The people of Bengal have realized what harm has been done by voting such a party to power. The chief minister and Trinamool government are encouraging attacks against CPI(M) leaders and activists. Since May 2011, 85 party workers have been killed," said Karat told a press conference in Kolkata.
Claiming that the the Trinamool Congress government has failed on all fronts, Karat said that economic and living conditions in the state were deteriorating. He alleged that the approach of the TMC and the state government was giving a fillip to communal forces.
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special
- Tamil Nadu Government Constitutes Advisory Committee Under Disaster Management