People realized the harm in voting TMC to power: Karat
Prakash Karat said that economic and living conditions in West Bengal are deteriorating.
Kolkata: Accusing West Bengal Chief minister Mamata Banerjee of encouraging attacks against CPI(M) leaders and workers, CPI(M) General Secretary Prakash Karat on Saturday claimed that the people of the state have realized the harm done by voting such a party to power.
"The people of Bengal have realized what harm has been done by voting such a party to power. The chief minister and Trinamool government are encouraging attacks against CPI(M) leaders and activists. Since May 2011, 85 party workers have been killed," said Karat told a press conference in Kolkata.
Claiming that the the Trinamool Congress government has failed on all fronts, Karat said that economic and living conditions in the state were deteriorating. He alleged that the approach of the TMC and the state government was giving a fillip to communal forces.
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- India Jumps 16 Places in Global Competitiveness Index
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting