Prakash Singh Badal Urges Parties to Avoid Provocative Statements on Indo-Pak Crisis
File Picture of Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal. (Picture courtesy: Twitter)
Ferozepur: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Monday implored political parties to desist from making "provocative statements" in the wake of "impending crisis on Indo-Pak border" following the recent surgical strikes by the Army in PoK.
Speaking during his visit to a border village here, Badal said, "It is unfortunate that political leaders were continuously politicking at this critical juncture when clouds of war are hovering over the country."
The five-time Chief Minister said the SAD-BJP alliance government did not believe in doing politics over the issues concerning unity and integrity of the country.
He said his visits to border villages during the past few days were solely aimed at sharing the grief of border residents and instilling a sense of confidence amongst them.
"These visits are not even remotely concerned with politics. I am visiting the border villages to be amongst the brave people of this region who are ever ready to make any sacrifice for their country but unfortunately my fellow friends (from the opposition) do not see anything beyond politics," he said.
Badal's reaction came after state Congress chief Amarinder Singh had yesterday said that the BJP-led NDA government at the Centre was creating "unnecessary war hysteria" and tension along Punjab borders with an eye on the 2017 Uttar Pradesh elections.
The former Chief Minister had also taken a dig at Badal, saying, "Instead of meekly submitting to the Centre's diktats, he should have taken a stand against evacuation (of people residing within 10 KM of the international border) which is totally uncalled for."
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Fund
- UN Chief Condemns Terror Attack on Police Academy in Quetta
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Cyclonic Storm Kyant May be Heading Towards Andhra Pradesh
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Rajnath Singh Speaks to Odisha CM After Security Forces Kill 24 Maoists
- Andhra Pradesh Deputy CM Suffers Minor Injury After Elevator Cable Snaps