Pranab Mukherjee's son Abhijit takes oath as LS member
Abhijit Mukherjee won the bypollto the Jangipur Parliamentary constituency as a Congress candidate.
New Delhi: Abhijit Mukherjee, son of President Pranab Mukherjee, on Thursday took oath as a first time member of the Lok Sabha. Abhijit, who won the by-election to the Jangipur Parliamentary constituency, took oath in English and in the name of god.
The bypoll was necessitated as the seat fell vacant following the election of Pranab Mukherjee as the President of India. Abhijit won the bypoll as a Congress candidate. Earlier, he was a first-term member of the West Bengal Assembly.
BJP leader Mala Rajya Laxmi Shah, who was elected to the Lok Sabha from Tehri Garhwal in Uttarakhand, also took oath as member of the Lower House. Shah, also a first-term member, won the bypoll which was necessitated as the Tehri Garhwal seat fell vacant after the resignation of Vijay Bahuguna who was named as Chief Minister of Uttarakhand.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement