Pranab to donate one month's salary for flood victims
Pranab Mukherjee has also cancelled his annual retreat to Himachal Pradesh so that there was no extra burden on the state government.
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee wilL donate his one month's salary for the victims of flood-ravaged Uttarakhand. The President has asked the department concerned to send his one month's salary to Uttarakhand Chief Minister's relief fund, official sources said here on Thursday. The monthly salary of the President is Rs 1.5 lakh.
Mukherjee has already cancelled his annual retreat to Himachal Pradesh so that there was no extra burden on the state government which is also fighting the unprecedented rains. Mukherjee was scheduled to visit Shimla from June 28 to July 1.
Several parts of Himachal Pradesh including Mandi, Kufri, Kasauli and Kinnaur received heavy rains causing damage to property. Even Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh had to be airlifted from Kinnaur after he was trapped due to landslides for nearly 50 hours.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- India Jumps 16 Places in Global Competitiveness Index
- Delhi Minister Satyendra Jain Alleges BJP Conspiracy Behind Income Tax Notice
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- Karnataka Parties Against Release of Cauvery Water
- Siddaramaiah Says Not Possible To Release Water Right Away
- Cauvery Row: Release Water to Tamil Nadu, SC tells Karnataka
- Karnataka Moves Supreme Court to Modify Order on Release of Cauvery Water