Pranab to donate one month's salary for flood victims
Pranab Mukherjee has also cancelled his annual retreat to Himachal Pradesh so that there was no extra burden on the state government.
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee wilL donate his one month's salary for the victims of flood-ravaged Uttarakhand. The President has asked the department concerned to send his one month's salary to Uttarakhand Chief Minister's relief fund, official sources said here on Thursday. The monthly salary of the President is Rs 1.5 lakh.
Mukherjee has already cancelled his annual retreat to Himachal Pradesh so that there was no extra burden on the state government which is also fighting the unprecedented rains. Mukherjee was scheduled to visit Shimla from June 28 to July 1.
Several parts of Himachal Pradesh including Mandi, Kufri, Kasauli and Kinnaur received heavy rains causing damage to property. Even Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh had to be airlifted from Kinnaur after he was trapped due to landslides for nearly 50 hours.
Recommended For You
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)