Prepared to fight next LS polls in Bihar alone: JD(U)
The JD(U) is organising a rally in Delhi on Sunday to press for their demand of granting special status to Bihar.
New Delhi: National Democratic Alliance constituent and ruling party in Bihar Janata Dal (United) has said it is prepared to fight the next Lok Sabha elections alone in the state if the situation demands and its alliance with the Bharatiya Janata Party ceases to exist. On the eve of JD(U) rally in Delhi, dubbed by many as a show of strength, party general secretary and spokesperson Shivanand Tiwary said the JD(U) wanted the alliance to continue but at the same time the party was prepared "to contest all the seats with all our strength".
"Any party which says they are not ready to fight all the seats alone is a stupid party which is not confident of its electoral and organisational strength," he said. Former chief of BJP Bihar CP Thakur had recently said that his party was preparing to contest all the parliamentary seats in Bihar. Tiwary said, "Yes, recently we heard several BJP leaders in Bihar had said they are preparing to contest all the 40 seats in Bihar. In a democratic system, every party has a right to expand its base including them (BJP) and we don't have a problem with that.
"We are also prepared to contest all the seats with all our strength if BJP says so, though I feel, it's a hypothetical question as we would like to see the 17 year-old alliance to continue despite our difficulties." Thakur's opinion had been seconded by several other BJP leaders like Bihar minister Giriraj Singh and Rameshwar Chaurasia who are known-supporters of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
The claim was, however, disputed by Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Modi, who like Nitish Kumar, has a couple of times in the past expressed reservations about Narendra Modi's projection as the prime ministerial candidate and is strictly in favour of continuation of the alliance. Political observers see the March 17 rally by JD(U) in Delhi for the special status demand as a show of strength aimed at winning maximum parliamentary seats in Bihar.
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Abhishek Verma Rejects Allegations of Purported Defence Leaks by Varun Gandhi
- Wasn't Honey-trapped, Did Not Leak Defence Secrets, Says Varun Gandhi
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Raj Thackeray Claims Victory, Rs 5 Cr Penance For Producers Employing Pak Artistes
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
From Our Network
- Rising MNS is bad news for Shiv Sena: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil agitation helped BJP to counter its bitter ally- FirstPost
- Ramdev pegs 200% growth for Patanjali this year; promises big ticket investment in Madhya Pradesh - Pradesh18
- CM Nitish Kumar wishes speedy recovery to injured Mamata Banerjee’s nephew - Pradesh18