DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Corruption a threat to Indian democracy: Pranab Mukherjee
The president was addressing CBI officials at an event to mark the golden jubilee of the country's premier investigating agency.
New Delhi: Pranab Mukherjee on Saturday said that corruption is a threat to the democratic fabric of India. The President also spoke on good governance and said responsiveness is an important aspect for it. While talking about increasing crime rates in country, he said the police should ensure that no crime goes unpunished for which the workings of the judiciary should be fast.
Noting that the "root of poor governance was our lethargy to change", the president said: "Good governance should be our unwavering goal... We should improve implementation of the rule of law and a consensual approach."
The president was addressing Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) officials at an event to mark the golden jubilee of the country's premier investigating agency.
"Corruption is a threat to the democratic fabric of the country...(and) lack of governance is the root cause of inefficiencies in the society," the president said.
(With Additional Inputs From IANS)
Recommended For You
- May 24, 2004: When Hussain Walked Into the Sunset On His Own Terms
- Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Launched in India for Rs 27.68 Lakhs
- Aishwarya, Aaradhya Look Like Real Life Princesses In This Recent Photo
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Remembering Roger Moore: 7 Of His James Bond Performances