DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
President poll: 15 votes of MPs found invalid
Pranab secured 69.3 per cent of the total votes and defeated opposition candidate PA Sangma by a margin of over four lakh votes.
New Delhi: Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal on Sunday said out of the 748 votes cast by the MPs, 15 were found invalid of which majority belonged to the ruling UPA.
"15 votes were invalid. Of these 15, nine are ours and six are of non-UPA parties," he told reporters after meeting President-elect Pranab Mukherjee.
The Minister was asked how the party was hoping to better its performance in the forthcoming Vice Presidential poll. He said the party would ensure in the elections that all MPs cast their votes properly so that the performance can be further improved.
Bansal said in the Presidential polls, Mukherjee secured 69.3 per cent of the total votes and defeated opposition candidate PA Sangma by a margin of over four lakh votes.
Recommended For You
- Sonam Kapoor's Recent Look At Cannes Is Giving Us Major Beach Envy
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017
- Opinion - Should I Buy a Petrol or a Diesel Car?