President poll: Left to decide after UPA meet
Left Front chairman Biman Bose said they will hold a meeting and decide their stand after UPA announces the name.
Kolkata: The Left parties will decide their stand on the presidential poll issue only after the UPA formally announced its candidate. "Left parties are ready. As soon as they will declare the name of the candidate (for the presidential poll), the four parties (CPI(M), CPI, RSP and Forward Bloc) will hold a meeting and decide their stand," CPI(M) Politburo member and the Left Front chairman Biman Bose.
Meanwhile, Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee whose name has been reported to be Congress' first choice as candidate, on Thursday telephoned former West Bengal chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee.
"Pranab Mukherjee telephoned Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee this morning from Delhi," CPI(M) sources said.
It was, however, not known what transpired between Mukherjee and Bhattacharjee, a senior member of CPI(M) politburo said.
Recommended For You
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement
- Champions League: Sergio Aguero stars as Man City sink Monaco