President Pranab will soon be on Facebook
President's Facebook account will provide a platform for people to air their grievances with an assurance that genu
New Delhi: The country's new President Pranab Mukherjee will now be on social networking site Facebook. The move to take the plunge into cyberspace came a day after Mukherjee was sworn-in as the 13th President of the country.
According to official sources on Thursday, the President's Facebook account will provide a platform for people to air their grievances with an assurance that genuine issues would be addressed.
The President's daily engagements will be on the popular networking site which will also carry photographs of important events.
The aim is to keep pace with modern times when Internet has become common, sources said.
People can also leave suggestions or pending grievances on the 'wall' of Facebook for the first citizen of the country, the sources said, adding genuine issues will definitely see a solution.
However, there was a word of caution for those who will misuse it.
Sources said appropriate action under Information and Technology Act would be taken against people who abuse the VVIP Facebook.
The sources said adequate checks and balances had been ensured to ensure there is no misuse.
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1