Priyanka Gandhi undergoes minor surgery
Forty-year-old Priyanka Gandhi underwent the surgery at Gangaram Hospital and is stable.
New Delhi: Priyanka Gandhi on Monday underwent a minor surgery of gall bladder in a private hospital here. Forty-year-old Priyanka underwent the surgery at Gangaram Hospital and is stable. It was conducted by a team of doctors led by Dr Praveen Bhatia of the Department of Minimal Access Surgery.
"During routine check up, Priyanka Gandhi-Vadra was found to have stones in the gall bladder and elective (planned) gall bladder surgery has been done this morning successfully. She is stable now," Dr DS Rana, Chairman (Board of Management of the hospital), said.
Her mother and Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and brother Rahul Gandhi visited her at the hospital. "Priyanka is alright," Rahul told reporters when asked about his sister but did not give any further details.
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Watch: Big5@10 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- Watch: India @9 With Zakka Jacob
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18