Probe Bank Transactions of All Parties: Arvind Kejriwal
File image of Arvind Kejriwal. (Image: Reuters)
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi to set up an independent panel to probe the bank details of the last five years of all political parties and their MPs and MLAs.
"Why just BJP (Bharatiya Janata Party)? Probe the bank account details of all political parties, MPs and MLAs including AAP. But do it for the last five years. We are ready to be probed," Kejriwal said in a video message.
He added that Modi's move earlier in the day asking Bharatiya Janata Party MPs and MLAs to submit their bank transaction details from November 8 to December 31 to BJP President Amit Shah was an "ugly joke".
"There are reports that the BJP bought land worth crores just before demonetisation. It should also be probed," the Aam Aadmi Party leader said in his message on Facebook.
Kejriwal added that bank accounts of those whose bank loans were waived off should also be investigated.
"Not only that, the account details of companies like Paytm and Big Bazaar for whom you (Modi) do advertising should also be probed," he added.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: MS Dhoni Shows Why He is Still the Best in Business
- Katrina Kaif Finally Joins Instagram, All Set To Take The Internet By Storm
- Eugenie Bouchard Wants Life Ban for 'Cheater' Maria Sharapova
- Hyundai Xcent Facelift: All You Need to Know About the Maruti Suzuki DZire Rival
- Are You the Biggest Baahubali Fan Ever? Here's Your Chance to Prove It