DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Punjab CM demands roll back of fuel price hike
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal said the hike will dampen economy and further slow down growth rate.
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Friday slammed the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre for effecting "totally unjustified" and "back breaking" hike in petrol price.
"The totally unwarranted hike in petrol prices will not only break back of the already suffering common man, but will also dampen economy and further slow down growth rate," Badal said in a statement in Chandigarh.
The Chief Minister said that inflation was very high and has gone beyond the control of the UPA government despite its tall claims to manage it.
The hike would adversely affect the transport sector in the state resulting in corresponding price rise of essential commodities, he said.
Badal asked the Centre to evolve a transparent system to decide the prices of petroleum products in consultation with all the political parties.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO