DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Punjab govt announces Rs 1 cr assistance to Sarabjit family
The government has already announced that the two daughters of Sarabjit - Swapanadeep Kaur and Poonam - will be given government jobs in Punjab.
Chandigarh: Punjab government on Thursday announced a financial assistance of Rs one crore for the family of Sarabjit Singh, who died in Pakistan following a murderous assault in a jail there, and declared a three-day state mourning.
Flags will fly half mast on all government buildings and there will be no official ceremonial functions during this period, an official spokesman said here.
Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal aannounced a financial assistance of Rs one crore to Sarabjit's family. The government has already announced that the two daughters of Sarabjit - Swapanadeep Kaur and Poonam - will be given government jobs in Punjab.
Badal assured the family members of Sarabjit Singh that Punjab government would extend all help and support to them.
Recommended For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Judy Malware Hits Google Play Store Users, Upto 36.5 Million Devices Infected
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar