Punjab govt announces Rs 1 cr assistance to Sarabjit family
The government has already announced that the two daughters of Sarabjit - Swapanadeep Kaur and Poonam - will be given government jobs in Punjab.
Chandigarh: Punjab government on Thursday announced a financial assistance of Rs one crore for the family of Sarabjit Singh, who died in Pakistan following a murderous assault in a jail there, and declared a three-day state mourning.
Flags will fly half mast on all government buildings and there will be no official ceremonial functions during this period, an official spokesman said here.
Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal aannounced a financial assistance of Rs one crore to Sarabjit's family. The government has already announced that the two daughters of Sarabjit - Swapanadeep Kaur and Poonam - will be given government jobs in Punjab.
Badal assured the family members of Sarabjit Singh that Punjab government would extend all help and support to them.
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Love is a Feeling Beyond Your Control: Ranbir Kapoor
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Will Tell India What is Real Surgical Strike: Hafiz Saeed
From Our Network
- Shahabuddin jailed, alcohol ban lifted: Win-lose situation for Bihar CM Nitish Kumar- FirstPost
- This is how Bihar’s Ghatak platoons avenged Uri attack during surgical strike - Pradesh18