Punjab much safer than other states: Sukhbir
Sukhbir Singh Badal blamed media for projecting Akalis as the ones responsible for law and order issues in Punjab.
Chandigarh: Accusing the Congress of politicising the issue of law and order for vested interests, Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Wednesday said Punjab is a much safer place than other states. "Punjab is a much safer place than other parts of the country," he told reporters here in an apparent reference to Congress' allegations that the law and order had deteriorated in the state.
"The law and order in Punjab is much better in terms of what is happening in other parts of the country," Badal said."The state police is able to control crime as it is a vigilant force," he said accusing the Congress of politicising the law and order issue for vested interests.
Badal tried to put the onus on media when told that in the recent past it was Akalis who were violating the law of the land even on small matters. "It is the media which is projecting that whatever law and order issue is there in the state, it is due to Akalis," Badal said.
Urging media to desist from giving incorrect picture of the state, he said nobody is above the law whether he is an Akali or a Congress leader. On the recent gunning down of ASI Ravinderpal Singh allegedly by an Akali leader in Amritsar, Badal said "accused were caught immediately."
Even some cops were either suspended or dismissed for laxity on their part, he said. More heads would roll if other police personnel were found guilty while performing their duty, Badal said. He dismissed media reports that DIG PS Umranangal, suspended on charges of indiscipline recently, had been reinstated.
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Akhilesh Targeted By Stepmother, Black Magic Used: SP MLC
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special
- MNS Defiant Despite Rajnath's Assurance to Bollywood: Time to Arrest Raj Thackeray?
- Film Industry Divided? No Way, Says Salim Khan
- Karan Johar Will Never do Anything That Isn't Patriotic: Farah Khan