Punjab police brutality: The guilty will be sacked, says CM
A 22-year-old girl and her father were allegedly thrashed by policemen when they sought action against some molesters.
Chandigarh: Two days after a magisterial probe was ordered, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Thursday said the policemen found guilty of thrashing a girl in Tarn Taran will be dismissed from service. "There is a system, it is wrong to beat a woman (and) this is against the policy of the state government. In the end after the probe, the cops, if found guilty, will be dismissed from service," Badal said.
A 22-year-old girl and her father were allegedly thrashed by policemen when they sought action against some persons, who molested the girl and passed vulgar comments in full public view.
Terming the incident as unfortunate, Badal assured of "stringent action" against the culprits. On the issue of proposed changes anti-rape legislation, he said strictest provisions should be made under it. The government had ordered a magisterial probe into the incident and after preliminary investigations, the government had suspended two policemen for their alleged involvement.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone