Punjab: Prominent winners and losers
The SAD-BJP alliance won 68 seats, while Congress won 46 seats in the 117-seat Punjab Assembly.
Chandigarh: The ruling Shiromani Akal Dal(SAD)-Bharatiya Janata Party(BJP) created history in the Punjab Assembly by retaining power in Punjab belying history which has not seen the incumbent returning to power in the last 46 years.
The SAD-BJP alliance won 68 seats, while Congress won 46 seats. The Others won three seats as results were declared for all 117 seats in Punjab Assembly.
Following are the prominent winners and losers in Punjab:
1. Parkash Singh Badal, Lambi, Akali Dal
2. Sukhbir Singh Badal, Jalalabad, Akali Dal
3. Amarinder Singh, Patiala Urban, Congress
4. Jagir Kaur (former Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee president), Bholath, Akali Dal
5. Pargat Singh (former Olympian), Jalandhar Cantt, Akali Dal
6. Rajinder Kaur Bhattal (former chief minister), Lehra, Congress
7. Charanjit Singh Atwal, Payal, Akali Dal
1. Raninder Singh (Amarinder Singh's son), Samana, Congress
2. Tikshan Sud (outgoing minister), Hoshiarpur, BJP
3. Upinderjit Kaur (finance minister), Sultanpur Lodhi, Akali Dal
4. DS Guru (ex-principal secretary to chief minister), Bhadaur, Akali Dal
5. PS Gill (ex-director general of police), Moga, Akali Dal
6. Nirmal Singh Kahlon (assembly speaker), Fatehgarh Churian, Akali Dal