Rahul bats for Amethi, organises cricket tournament
The two-month-long tournament is to tap young talents from the rural area.
Amethi: Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi has decided to organise a two-month-long tournament in his constituency to tap young talents from the rural area.
The tournament, which begins on Tuesday, has been named after his father and former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress partymen said.
About 1,200 teams from 726 village panchayats of Amethi are expected to take part in the tournament, they said, adding the winner team would receive a cash prize of Rs three lakh.
The participants would be provided with cricket kits, they said.
Rahul, who is a cricket buff himself, is likely to be present during the final match of the tournament, which is scheduled to be held at B R Ambedkar stadium in Amethi.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, Nokia 5 Price and Specifications in Pictures
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Ryan Gosling's Reaction To Oscars 2017 Best Picture Mix Up Is Priceless