DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rahul bats for Amethi, organises cricket tournament
The two-month-long tournament is to tap young talents from the rural area.
Amethi: Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi has decided to organise a two-month-long tournament in his constituency to tap young talents from the rural area.
The tournament, which begins on Tuesday, has been named after his father and former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress partymen said.
About 1,200 teams from 726 village panchayats of Amethi are expected to take part in the tournament, they said, adding the winner team would receive a cash prize of Rs three lakh.
The participants would be provided with cricket kits, they said.
Rahul, who is a cricket buff himself, is likely to be present during the final match of the tournament, which is scheduled to be held at B R Ambedkar stadium in Amethi.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere