Rahul Gandhi to meet party's state leaders today
The senior leaders urged Rahul Gandhi to overhaul the party system to brace it for future challenges.
New Delhi: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi will continue his exercise of taking feedback from party leaders on how to strengthen the organisation and will meet chief ministers, state unit chiefs and legislative party leaders on Friday, party sources said.
"Gandhi will meet PCC (Pradesh Congress Committee) chiefs and CLP (Congress Legislature Party) chiefs on Friday to take their feedback on strengthening the organisation," Congress sources said.
The meeting follows from Gandhi's interactions with party general secretaries and secretaries, spread over three days two weeks ago, and is likely to extend till Saturday, said the sources.
The senior leaders urged Gandhi to overhaul the party system to brace it for future challenges.
The feedback sessions are expected to give Gandhi a first-hand account of the situation on the ground and will help him recast his team for a slew of state elections this year culminating in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
Gandhi, who was made vice president January 19, heads the party's coordination panel for the 2014 polls.
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It
- PM Modi Likely to Spend Diwali on Indo-Tibetan Border with ITBP Jawans
- Govardhan Puja: An Important Part of the Celebrations of Diwali
- Diwali: Festival of Lights
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't
- PM Urges Citizens to Send Their Messages to Jawans This Diwali
- Snapshot: Arjun Rampal's daughter Mahikaa is all grown up now!
- Sunita Williams greets Indians from space on Diwali