Rahul Gandhi to visit Amethi today
After the poor show in the Uttar Pradesh assembly elections, Rahul has been frequently visiting the constituency in an effort to reach out to voters.
New Delhi: Rahul Gandhi, in his latest avatar as the Congress party's vice president, will be visiting his constituency Amethi for the next two days. After the poor show in the Uttar Pradesh assembly elections, Rahul has been frequently visiting the constituency in an effort to reach out to voters.
Rahul has also been interacting with AICC office bearers promising to go by rules and coming out with a programme for rejuvenating the organisation. The new Congress Vice President also stressed on the need for camaraderie among leaders as the exercise saw the office bearers slamming the existing ticket distribution system and work allocation pattern in the party as well as complaining that some leaders are promoted despite repeated failures.
Gandhi's focus on implementing the rules came amid a string of complaints about performance being ignored in the party and that the organisation was not given importance by those in the government. As several AICC secretaries complained of lack of work allocation and being ignored in the party, Gandhi also chose the occasion to stress that partymen must strike an emotional chord and treat the party as a family.
With Additional Inputs from PTI
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Pakistan Selectors Name Unchanged Squad for 3rd Test Against West Indies
- India can Produce up to 492 nuclear Bombs, Claims Pakistan Think-tank
- PM Nawaz Sharif has Become Security Risk for Pakistan, Says Imran Khan
- Tata Sons Appoints Ralf Speth, N Chandrasekaran on Board
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts