DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
I have an old relationship with the people of Amethi: Rahul
Rahul arrived in Amethi on his first visit to the area after he was made the Congress campaign chief for the Lok Sabha elections.
Amethi: It's day two of Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi's visit to Amethi, but it was not a warm welcome for the Congress poll campaign chief in his home constituency. Rahul was shown black flags by Bhartiya Kisan Union activists on Wednesday.
An immediate challenge that Rahul faces in his home constituency is that of Aam Aadmi Party leader Vishwas repeatedly targeting him, saying the former has done nothing for Amethi.
"Rahul is not coming to feel the pain of the people, but he is here on a political picnic. The people of Amethi are feeling cheated," Vishwas said in Amethi, hours before the Gandhi scion landed at Fursatganj airport.
Rahul arrived in Amethi on Wednesday along with his sister Priyanka Vadra on a two-day tour on his first visit to the area after he was made the Congress campaign chief for the Lok Sabha elections.
After his arrival in the city, Rahul said, "A good ambience is out here in Amethi. I have an old relationship with the people of Amethi," he said, adding Amethi was like his home and it was his family.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar