Rahul making mockery of Bundelkhand poverty: Uma
Uma Bharti alleged that the BSP was supporting the UPA and both the parties were indulging in shadow boxing in the state.
Mahoba (UP): Continuing her tirade against Rahul Gandhi, BJP leader Uma Bharti on Wednesday accused him of making mockery of the poor in Bundelkhand region and reminded him that she had defeated his "guru" Digvijay Singh in Madhya Pradesh.
"Rahul Gandhi should now stop making mockery of poverty, starvation and poor state of affairs of Bundelkhand region," said Bharti, who was visiting Bundelkhand for the first time after her candidature was announced by BJP from Charkhari assembly constituency.
Attacking Congress and BSP, the BJP leader accused the Centre of deliberately feeding money meant for various schemes to the "elephant", a reference to the BSP's poll symbol.
She alleged that BSP was supporting the UPA and both the parties were indulging in shadow boxing in the state.
Exuding confidence that BJP would form government in the state, Bharti said that people of Charkhari were "not going to elect an MLA, but a guard".
Alleging that no one in Nehru family had used language like Rahul, Uma said, "I defeated his guru Digvijay Singh in Madhya Pradesh".
The BJP leader described herself as a "daughter of Bundelkhand region".
National vice-president Kalraj Mishra also sought support for Bharti.
- Snapshot: Arjun Rampal's daughter Mahikaa is all grown up now!
- 9.33 pc MMMTC stake sale today, 9.33 per cent shares to be sold off
- EGoM to meet today to decide 9.33 pc MMTC stake sale
- EGoM defers MMTC stake sale on valuation concerns
- Shivaay Review: Ajay Devgn-starrer Is Seldom Compelling
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Shivaay Advance Bookings Have Been Phenomenal: Reports
- Don't Have Grace in Dancing: Ajay Devgn