Rahul meets office bearers of Youth Congress, NSUI
Rahul looked after NSUI and IYC as the AICC General Secretary In-charge of these organisations.
New Delhi: Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Friday held a meeting with the national office bearers of the Indian Youth Congress and NSUI and asked its members to work with greater focus to strengthen the party. This was Gandhi's first formal interaction with leaders of the two youth wings after his appointment as vice president of the Congress party on January 19 during the Chintan Shivir in Jaipur.
The meeting was attended by Indian Youth Congress chief Rajiv Satav, NSUI chief Rohit Chowdhary, AICC secretary Meenakshi Natarajan, and other national office bearers of the two wings as well as some young AICC secretaries from Rahul's team.
Rahul looked after NSUI and IYC as the AICC General Secretary In-charge of these organisations. After his elevation, the charge of these frontal youth organisations of the Congress is all set to be given to some other leader.
Hence, this could be the last monthly meeting Gandhi held on Friday as their in-charge. During the meeting, members from the two youth wings congratulated Rahul on his elevation. Party sources said it was a brief courtesy meeting in which Rahul told the young leaders that since they are working in the youth wings, they need to work in a more efficient manner and contribute to the strengthening of the party.
- 8 Times Ranbir Kapoor Wowed us With His Radical Approach Towards Life
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- Lata Mangeshkar Has A Special Message For Her Fans In Pakistan
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny