Rahul meets office bearers of Youth Congress, NSUI
Rahul looked after NSUI and IYC as the AICC General Secretary In-charge of these organisations.
New Delhi: Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Friday held a meeting with the national office bearers of the Indian Youth Congress and NSUI and asked its members to work with greater focus to strengthen the party. This was Gandhi's first formal interaction with leaders of the two youth wings after his appointment as vice president of the Congress party on January 19 during the Chintan Shivir in Jaipur.
The meeting was attended by Indian Youth Congress chief Rajiv Satav, NSUI chief Rohit Chowdhary, AICC secretary Meenakshi Natarajan, and other national office bearers of the two wings as well as some young AICC secretaries from Rahul's team.
Rahul looked after NSUI and IYC as the AICC General Secretary In-charge of these organisations. After his elevation, the charge of these frontal youth organisations of the Congress is all set to be given to some other leader.
Hence, this could be the last monthly meeting Gandhi held on Friday as their in-charge. During the meeting, members from the two youth wings congratulated Rahul on his elevation. Party sources said it was a brief courtesy meeting in which Rahul told the young leaders that since they are working in the youth wings, they need to work in a more efficient manner and contribute to the strengthening of the party.
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey
- Maruti Suzuki's 'MS Dhoni Inspired' Alto and Alto K10 Special Edition Unveiled
- Kareena Kapoor is Setting Trends During Pregnancy: Soha Ali Khan
- Kareena Kapoor Rings In Her 36th Birthday With Ranbir, Karisma, Saif Ali Khan
- Xiaomi Mi5s, Mi 5s Plus Smartphones Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoCs Launched in China
- Rampant Borussia Dortmund Will Put Stuttering Real Madrid to the Test
- Top 5: 4G Smartphones Under Rs 10,000; Is Xiaomi Still The King?
- Some of Lodha Recommendations Are Too Much: Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev