Rahul meets UP girl stabbed for resisting rape
His visit comes close on the heels of Cong attacking the Mayawati govt over crime in UP.
New Delhi: Rahul Gandhi on Monday met a 14-year-old girl from Uttar Pradesh, undergoing treatment at the AIIMS in New Delhi after being stabbed in the eye allegedly by two youths when she resisted a rape attempt, and inquried about her condition from doctors.
Gandhi went to the Rajendra Prasad Eye Centre at the AIIMS at 10:45 am and spoke to the girl and her parents for sometime, sources said.
They said doctors briefed Gandhi about the treatment being given to the minor girl.
His visit comes close on the heels of the Congress attacking the Mayawati government over the alleged spurt in incidents of rape and murder.
The victim was allegedly kidnapped by two persons from her home in Ghurpurwa village in Kannauj district on June 19 and was stabbed in her eyes when she resisted a rape attempt.
The villagers found her in the fields and rushed her to the district hospital. A case of rape and attempt to murder was filed against the accused.
Sources said the AICC general secretary wanted to know from the doctors whether the girl would be able to gain her eyesight.
Doctors are learnt to have told him that the victim has lost vision in one eye while 80 to 90 percent recovery is possible in the other eye, which was operated upon.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right