Rahul urges Maharashtra youth to join politics
If you are interested in developing the area get elected as an MLA: Rahul Gandhi.
Buldhana (Maharashtra): All India Congres Committee (AICC) General Secretary Rahul Gandhi on Thursday asked youth to join politics and the Youth Congress in large numbers to develop the region and make administration corruption-free.
"The doors of Youth Congress are open and anyone irrespective of caste, creed and religion can join, provided he follows Congress ideology and has no criminal background," Gandhi, who is on a three-day visit of Maharashtra, said, addressing a conference of Youth Congress workers in Buldhana, a district in the Amravati division of Maharashtra at the westernmost border of Vidarbha region.
During the question and answer session, Gandhi spoke on eliminating corruption from the grassroot level and stressed the need for a corruption-free administration.
"If you are interested in developing the area, garner support from locals and get elected as an MLA instead of blaming the incompetent MLA for not carrying out development activities in that particular area," he said.
The Congress leader flew in from Naxal-affected backward district of Gadchiroli in eastern Vidharba to the hilly district of Buldhana in the western region.
He addressed two meetings, one of Youth Congress workers and the second one of the other backward class (OBC) in Buldhana.
- Karnataka Parties Against Release of Cauvery Water
- Delhi Minister Satyendra Jain Alleges BJP Conspiracy Behind Income Tax Notice
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Siddaramaiah Says Not Possible To Release Water Right Away
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager