Rahul's Brahmin comment draws criticism from BJP
BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said that Congress has lost all patience after losing the mandate in UP elections.
New Delhi: The BJP on Saturday took a dig at Rahul Gandhi for his reported comment that he is a Brahmin, saying it shows that he and Congress have lost patience after failing to get the mandate in the Uttar Pradesh elections.
"Now this is crossing all limits that Rahul Gandhi has started informing what his caste is...that he is a Brahmin. Congress has lost all patience after losing the mandate in Uttar Pradesh elections," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
During a stock-taking meeting of Congress on the UP poll debacle, Rahul had reportedly rebutted claims from some party leaders that the party was not giving due significance to Brahmins.
"I am a Brahmin and general secretary of the party," Rahul reportedly said. The BJP used this opportunity to take potshots at the Congress general secretary.
"In the UP elections, Congress had talked about religion when it promised reservations on religious lines and in doing so it had played communal politics," Javadekar said.
Both Congress and BJP have been analysing what went wrong for them in the politically crucial state of Uttar Pradesh as the poll results were way below their expectations.
Interestingly, both these parties feel they should have wooed the upper castes, especially the Brahmins, to increase their seat tally.
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Fresh Picture of Lalu's Sons With Scribe-Murder Accused Surfaces
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher