Rahul's promise to change UP an eyewash: JD(U)
Dubbing the manifestos of SP, BJP and Congress as a joke, the JD(U) chief said they are all aimed at misguiding the people.
Azamgarh: The JD(U) on Wednesday termed Congress leader Rahul Gandhi's promise to change the picture of Uttar Pradesh in five years if his party came to power as 'an eyewash'.
"The promise of changing the picture of Uttar Pradesh in five years coming from a leader of a party which has been in government for 45 years is nothing but an eyewash," JD(U) chief Sharad Yadav said at an election meeting in Azamgarh.
"His party has been in power for 45 years during which the state had been lagging behind...it seems like Kumbhakaran they are still in slumber and seeking another term to mislead the people," the NDA convenor said.
Dubbing the manifestos of SP, BJP and Congress as a joke, Yadav said they are all aimed at misguiding the people.
Training his guns at Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati, he alleged that she had no concern for the problems of people and accused her of remaining busy in installing statues in the state during her tenure.
- Rupee Good Run Continues, Gains 3 Paise Against Dollar
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- We Look Forward to DRS Introduction in Future: Virat Kohli
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Virat Kohli's India look to Wrap Series At Eden, Regain No.1 Spot
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla