Rail Budget 2013-2014 reformist, forward-looking: PM
Manmohan Singh complimented Pawan Kumar Bansal for his "innovations" in critical areas of Railway infrastructure.
New Delhi: Hailing the Railway Budget as "reformist and forward-looking", Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday said minister Pawan Kumar Bansal has done a commendable job in meeting competing demands of improving services and controlling expenditure. Singh complimented Bansal for his "innovations" in critical areas of Railway infrastructure and paving the way for capacity expansion.
"It is a reformist and forward-looking Budget which presents a realistic picture of Railway finances," he said while commenting on the Railway Budget which did not propose any hike in passenger fares even though some supplementary charges were hiked.
"The Minister for Railways has done a commendable job in meeting competing demands of improving and increasing services for commuters and controlling expenditure of his department," Singh said.
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
- Boris Johnson's Anti-Brexit Article Made Public by UK Daily
- Britain's PM Theresa May Heads to India With Eye on Post-Brexit Trade