DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rail Budget 2013-2014 reformist, forward-looking: PM
Manmohan Singh complimented Pawan Kumar Bansal for his "innovations" in critical areas of Railway infrastructure.
New Delhi: Hailing the Railway Budget as "reformist and forward-looking", Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday said minister Pawan Kumar Bansal has done a commendable job in meeting competing demands of improving services and controlling expenditure. Singh complimented Bansal for his "innovations" in critical areas of Railway infrastructure and paving the way for capacity expansion.
"It is a reformist and forward-looking Budget which presents a realistic picture of Railway finances," he said while commenting on the Railway Budget which did not propose any hike in passenger fares even though some supplementary charges were hiked.
"The Minister for Railways has done a commendable job in meeting competing demands of improving and increasing services for commuters and controlling expenditure of his department," Singh said.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh