Rail Budget practical, implementable: Chidambaram
Finance Minister P Chidambaram said that his cabinet colleague Pawan Kumar Bansal has presented the finances of the railways in a very candid manner.
New Delhi: Terming the Railway Budget for 2012-13 as "practical and implementable", Finance Minister P Chidambaram on Tuesday said that his cabinet colleague Pawan Kumar Bansal has presented the finances of the railways in a very candid manner. "The Railway Minister has presented a very responsible, practical and implementable budget," Chidambram said.
Chidambaram, who will present the General Budget for fiscal 2012-13 on February 28, said, "Within the resources the railways can mobilise, I think he (Bansal) has done a remarkable job of providing new trains, new lines, extensions, capital works and production facilities."
On the financial conditions of the railways, he said, "I think after many years, he (the Minister) has candidly stated the finances of the railways... I think it is a very commendable budget."
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Ban on Pakistani Artistes No Solution to Terrorism: Karan Johar to MNS
- Karan Johar, Nimrat Kaur Praise Nikkhil Advani's TV Show
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Stills: The Trailer is All About Love, Friendship, Heartbreak
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump
- The First Hillary Clinton-Donald Trump Presidential Debate
- US Presidential Debate: Bollywood Stars Share Their Opinions on Twitter
- US Presidential Debate: Clinton and Trump Spar on Economy and Jobs