Railway bribery: Anna demands Bansal's resignation
On the functioning of the CBI, Anna said it should be made an impartial agency free from government's pressure.
Bikaner: Anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare on Sunday demanded resignation of Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal in the wake of the arrest of his nephew on the charge of accepting bribe to fix plum positions in the Railway Board. "The minister should resign on moral grounds and the matter should be probed by a special investigation team," Anna said.
On the functioning of the CBI, Anna said it should be made an impartial agency free from government's pressure. Referring to the current political scenario, he said corruption was flourishing in the country due to party-system. "The party-system has encroached on democratic values. Corruption is flourishing under such a system which needs be addressed urgently," the social activist said.
Only candidates with impeccable image should be put by the political parties for elections to make the system clean, Anna said.
- Donald Trump's Daughter, Ivanka, to Celebrate Diwali at Hindu Temple
- Clinton Campaign Ponders 'What If' Trump Doesn't Concede
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Facebook Employees Try to Remove Trump's Controversial Posts, Zuckerberg Calls it Inappropriate
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief