DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Railway bribery: Anna demands Bansal's resignation
On the functioning of the CBI, Anna said it should be made an impartial agency free from government's pressure.
Bikaner: Anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare on Sunday demanded resignation of Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal in the wake of the arrest of his nephew on the charge of accepting bribe to fix plum positions in the Railway Board. "The minister should resign on moral grounds and the matter should be probed by a special investigation team," Anna said.
On the functioning of the CBI, Anna said it should be made an impartial agency free from government's pressure. Referring to the current political scenario, he said corruption was flourishing in the country due to party-system. "The party-system has encroached on democratic values. Corruption is flourishing under such a system which needs be addressed urgently," the social activist said.
Only candidates with impeccable image should be put by the political parties for elections to make the system clean, Anna said.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- With An Arched Brow, Roger Moore Found Humor In Bond, Life