Railway bribery: Anna demands Bansal's resignation
On the functioning of the CBI, Anna said it should be made an impartial agency free from government's pressure.
Bikaner: Anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare on Sunday demanded resignation of Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal in the wake of the arrest of his nephew on the charge of accepting bribe to fix plum positions in the Railway Board. "The minister should resign on moral grounds and the matter should be probed by a special investigation team," Anna said.
On the functioning of the CBI, Anna said it should be made an impartial agency free from government's pressure. Referring to the current political scenario, he said corruption was flourishing in the country due to party-system. "The party-system has encroached on democratic values. Corruption is flourishing under such a system which needs be addressed urgently," the social activist said.
Only candidates with impeccable image should be put by the political parties for elections to make the system clean, Anna said.
Recommended For You
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology