Raja upset over DMK defeat in TN
"I am in judicial custody so I cannot answer questions," Raja, who looked disturbed, said.
New Delhi: Former Telecom Minister A Raja on Friday appeared upset over the results of the Tamil Nadu Assembly elections in which his party DMK got severe drubbing at the hands of arch-rival AIADMK.
"I am in judicial custody so I cannot answer questions. How can you question me?" Raja, who looked disturbed, retorted when mediapersons sought his comment on the poll outcome.
On persistent queries by reporters in courtroom, where he appeared before special CBI judge O P Saini, Raja said, "I did not see the results. Somebody informed me so I got to know."
When asked whether he was expecting a clean sweep for the AIADMK, he said, "They have already got it."
Raja was appearing before Saini in connection with the scrutiny of documents relating to the day-to-day proceedings in the 2G spectrum allocation case.
While journalists asked for reactions from Raja on the poll results, co-accused Shahid Usman Balwa of DB Realty interrupted and asked the media not to put questions to the DMK leader.
"You are not allowed to question the accused under the law," Balwa said.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology