Sandstone mining: Rajasthan Speaker to announce probe team
The Opposition is expected to target the Ashok Gehlot government again in the Rajasthan Assembly on Thursday.
Jaipur: After an IBN7 report showed how sandstone mining licences were given to the relatives of Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot at throwaway prices, sources say the Rajasthan Assembly Speaker is likely to announce a probe team to look into the irregularities.
The Opposition is expected to target the Ashok Gehlot government again in the Rajasthan Assembly on Thursday. On Wednesday, the Rajasthan Chief Minister, too, had ordered a probe.
The Opposition BJP is to take up the matter again demanding Gehlot's resignation. The report showed how most of the 37 sandstone mining licences were given to the CM's family members.
Gehlot is facing allegations of allotting sandstone mines around Jodhpur's 'Bada Kotecha' village, to his close relatives. Of 37 mines allotted there, 19 went to Gehlot's relatives at throwaway prices including Manjula Gehlot, wife of the CM's brother Agrasen, Shalini Gehlot, his brother's daughter-in-law and Veena Kachhawa, wife of his nephew Jaswant Singh. The IBN Network does in fact have the names of all the relatives favoured.
It is also alleged that in November 2012, Gehlot altered mining allotment norms to suit his relatives. First, that mines at Bada Kotecha would be allotted to those who owned sandstone factories at Mandor Stone Park and that applications even for less than 5 hectares up to 1 hectare would be accepted.
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- Sushant Singh Rajput Talks about Dhoni, Bollywood In His First Selfie Interview
- Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Won't Be Screened In Pakistan
- 10 Steps India Took Post Uri Terror Attack to Expose and Isolate Pakistan
- India's Claim of Surgical Strikes 'Fabrication of Truth': Pakistan
- Don't Take Our Peaceful Intent for Weakness: Nawaz Sharif
- Indian Army Avenges Uri With Surgical Strikes Across LoC, Pakistan Denies