DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rajasthan: SP alleges irregularities in housing project
The party has forwarded a detailed complaint in this regard to President Pranab Mukherjee, Shekhawat said.
Jaipur: Samajwadi Party in Rajasthan on Sunday alleged irregularities in a housing project for Central government employees and demanded a CBI probe into the matter. The company, which was given tender for the construction in 2007, committed a scam worth Rs 200 crore in connivance with the Central Government Employees Welfare Housing Organisation (CGEWHO) officials by inflating cost of the project, SP's state vice president Anil Shekhawat alleged.
"The company was given tender by the CGEWHO despite being non-eligible for the project. "The CGEWHO had to take land for the housing project from the state government but this rule was flouted and the flats were constructed on private land which was made available by the construction company itself," he told reporters in Jaipur. The rate for the construction was fixed at Rs 1190 per square feet in the tender but the company increased it to Rs 2190, he alleged.
"The matter should be thoroughly probed by CBI. This is a scam worth Rs 200 crore and central government employees have been cheated by the construction company," he said. The party has forwarded a detailed complaint in this regard to President Pranab Mukherjee, Shekhawat said.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande