Raje takes over as BJP President in Rajasthan
Vasundhara Raje said her priority would be going forward while keeping all the party's stakeholders together.
Jaipur: Seeking to project a united face, newly appointed state BJP president Vasundhara Raje on Friday said her priority would be going forward while keeping all the party's stakeholders together. "My priority will be to take everyone along with me like a family," she said in her maiden address after the formal taking over ceremony.
"An organisation without workers is like a fish without water so if we are together and united, our difficulties will go away," she said while addressing workers at the party headquarters in Jaipur.
In the presence of newly appointed Leader of Opposition Gulab Chand Kataria, Deputy Leader of Opposition Ghanshyam Tiwari and her predecessor Arun Chaturvedi, she gave the slogan 'Ekjut BhaJaPa, Congress Laapata' (BJP united, Congress disappears) to the party workers.
Raje also remembered BJP's founders and veterans and said their guidance was valuable for her and the party. Starting from Shyama Prasad Mukherjee, Deendayal Upadhyay to Bhairo Singh Shekhawat, she said their contribution was remarkable and guides the party today.
The former Chief Minister also said the guidance of leaders like former MP Ramdas Agrawal, MP Om Mathur and others would help the party in taking the lead in the elections.
Raje called upon party workers to make a collective effort and ensure the BJP's victory. Party leaders Kirit Somaiya, Om Mathur, Ramdas Agrawal, Ghanshyam Tiwari and Rajendra Rathore were among those present on the occasion.
It was celebration at the party's state office where a large number of enthusiastic workers from different parts of Rajasthan had gathered to welcome her.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- India Jumps 16 Places in Global Competitiveness Index
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Karnataka Defers Cauvery Water Release to Thursday
- Karnataka Parties Against Release of Cauvery Water
- Sushmita Sen Slams Donald Trump For Body Shaming Ex-Miss Universe Alicia Machado
- Delhi Minister Satyendra Jain Alleges BJP Conspiracy Behind Income Tax Notice