Rajiv Gandhi case: TADA court notice to CBI on death row convict's plea
In his petition, Perarivalan also wanted the court to call and peruse the entire case dairies.
Chennai: A special TADA court ordered issue of notice to the Central Bureau of Investigation on a petition by death row convict in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, AG Perarivalan, seeking a direction to the agency to investigate the 'left out area' of earlier probe.
After more than 30-minute long in-camera proceedings, TADA court Judge N Dandapani issued notice to the CBI.
Public Prosecutor for the CBI sought six weeks time to file reply.
In his petition filed on September 13, Perarivalan also wanted the court to call and peruse the entire case dairies, pertaining to the CBI (SIT) and its Multi Disciplinary Monitoring Agency, which probed the case.
On the basis of the report submitted by the Jain Commission of Inquiry, it was decided that further probe was essential to identify the role of individuals to uncover the larger conspiracy in the assassination of former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi (on May 21, 1991 in Sriperumbudur), he submitted.
Perarivalan contended that neither the SIT nor MDMA had proceeded with the probe in a proper perspective to bring the accused to book as several top people were 'involved'.
He further alleged that the CBI/MDMA, entrusted with the primary task to go into the facts of the involvement of foreign hand beyond LTTE, has not been done its work properly.
He prayed that an effective monitoring of investigation into the left out parts of the probe be done.
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
- Abhishek Verma Rejects Allegations of Purported Defence Leaks by Varun Gandhi
- Wasn't Honey-trapped, Did Not Leak Defence Secrets, Says Varun Gandhi
- Dear Zindagi Teaser is Out and We Can't Stop Smiling After Watching It
- Seven Pakistani Rangers, One Terrorist Killed Along Jammu Border: BSF
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18