Rajnath, Advani to campaign for Karnatka Assembly elections
BJP's Central Election Committee will announce the list of its candidates in the first week of April.
Bangalore: BJP president Rajnath Singh and LK Advani are among the key party leaders who will be campaigning for the May 5 Karnataka Assembly elections. "Our national leaders LK Advani, Rajnath Singh, Arun Jaitley and Sushma Swaraj will be descending in the city for poll campaign by attending Sankalpa Convention on April 8," state party spokesman CT Ravi said.
BJP's Central Election Committee will announce the list of its candidates in the first week of April, he said. The party is consulting important office-bearers of all the districts to recommend only one name from each constituency to avoid confusion, he said.
Ravi said Congress was delaying announcement of its list because there is rift in the party over candidate selection. "Some leaders are acting as human bombs, who are out to destroy the chances of the Congress, if the tickets are not given to them or their supporters," he claimed.
Replying to a question, Ravi denied any confusion in the BJP in finalising the names of candidates, saying internal democracy exists in the party. Ravi also said the party would take appropriate action against Karnataka Janata Paksha President BS Yeddyurappa's son and Lok Sabha member BY Raghavendra for anti-party activity.
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
- 90% Apple Lightning-to-USB Cables Sold on Amazon, Groupon Are Fake
- Belkin Launches Tempered Glass Screen Protector For Apple iPhone 7, 7 Plus at Rs 2,299
- This Little Feature in iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Proves How Much Apple Cares About its Users
- Donald Trump's Daughter, Ivanka, to Celebrate Diwali at Hindu Temple
- Clinton Campaign Ponders 'What If' Trump Doesn't Concede
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Facebook Employees Try to Remove Trump's Controversial Posts, Zuckerberg Calls it Inappropriate