Cong like East India Co, looting the poor: BJP
BJP said that their party was standing guard over the country's treasure as the Congress tried to loot it.
New Delhi: The principal Opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is in no mood to back down after the Congress Working Committee, that met on Tuesday morning, endorsed the recent economic policy decisions taken by the government and also slammed the Opposition for playing "negative politics".
BJP leader Rajnath Singh said that it was their party that was standing guard over the country's treasure as the Congress tried to turn the country into a similar situation as under the East India Company.
"We are working as the security guard of the country's treasure. The Congress has been governing India since independence. It is responsible for the economic scenario of the country. It understands that FDI in retail will affect the farmers and small retail businessmen. It is trying to make a situation similar to when East India Company came to India. We will not let this happen," he said.
Meanwhile, Prakash Javadekar said that Sonia's remark against the BJP would be "looked into".
The BJP further accused the Congress of forgetting and breaking its promises to the Telangana activists as the matter was not discussed at its meet on Tuesday.
- People Celebrated Choti Diwali After Surgical Strikes, says PM Modi
- PM Modi Urges People to Break out of SP-BSP Stranglehold in UP
- PM Modi Bats for Women's Rights, Wants Practice of Triple Talaq to go
- Alternate Dispute Resolution Ecosystem, a National Priority: PM Modi
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: South Korea Strengthen Semifinal Claim With 5-3 Win Over China
- How Samajwadi Party Will Look Like if it Splits
- Samajwadi Party's Old Guard May Need Akhilesh's 'Youth Appeal' in 2017 Polls
- Samajwadi Party Rift: Mulayam Backs Amar, Shivpal; Meet Ends in Acrimony