Rajnath Singh to lead BJP's UP 'jail bharo' stir
BJP state unit president said that his party would maintain the momentum both inside and outside Parliament against its "wrong policies".
Lucknow: BJP president Rajnath Singh will lead the party's 'jail bharo' agitation in Lucknow on June 2, 2013 against corruption under the UPA rule. BJP state unit president, Laxmi Kant Bajpai, who reviewed the preparation for the week-long agitation starting May 27, said that besides the national president, newly appointed in-charge of the state affairs, Amit Shah will also be present in Rampur during the agitation on May 29.
Claiming that there was an atmosphere against the UPA government, Bajpai said that his party would maintain the momentum both inside and outside Parliament against its "wrong policies". Meanwhile, former UP chief minister Kalyan Singh, who has yet to formally join BJP, was on Tuesday seen in the party office.
Though sources said that Kalyan addressed the meeting to review the preparation, Bajpai when contacted said that he had come to the office to pick his son Rajvir Singh who has already been made state vice-president.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Oscars 2017: Lion Actor Sunny Pawar Makes His Big Academy Debut
- Oscars 2017: La La Land, Moonlight or Lion; Who's Bollywood Rooting for?
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion