New BJP chief leads protests against Shinde in Delhi
The BJP protested at Jantar Mantar against Sushil Kumar Shinde's remarks on saffron terror.
New Delhi: Rajnath Singh started his first day as BJP President on Thursday with a nationwide protest against Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde. A protest took place at Jantar Mantar against Shinde's remarks on saffron terror.
Outraged at Shinde's remarks on saffron terror, the RSS has demanded an unconditional apology from UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. It is also contemplating legal action against the Home Minister and Home Secretary RK Singh for their controversial comments.
Outraged at Shinde's remarks on saffron terror, the RSS and BJP have demanded an unconditional apology from UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. The RSS is also contemplating legal action against the Home Minister and Home Secretary RK Singh for their controversial comments.
Addressing the AICC meeting in Jaipur on Sunday, Shinde had alleged that the BJP and the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh were running training camps to promote Hindu terrorism. "We have got an investigation report that be it RSS or BJP, their training camps are promoting Hindu terrorism. We are keeping a strict vigil on all this," he had said adding that, "Whether it is Samjhauta blast or Mecca Masjid blast or Malegaon blast, they plant bombs and blame it on the minorities."
The Union Minister, however, was immediately made to explain his statement by the Congress leadership. Defending his remarks, Shinde had said that he was referring to Saffron terrorism which has already been talked about by media at various occasions.
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army
- PCB Refuses to Comment On BCCI President's statement on Indo-Pak Cricket Ties
- Pakistan Postpones SAARC Summit After Five Member Countries Pull Out
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- PM Modi Appreciates Those Revealing Undisclosed Income
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute