Rajya Sabha adjourned over harassment of fishermen
BJP earlier sought suspension of Question Hour to discuss the terrorist attack in Srinagar on Wednesday.
New Delhi: The Rajya Sabha was adjourned till noon on Thursday as AIADMK members sought an immediate reply from the government on the alleged harassment of Indian fishermen by the Sri Lankan Navy.
AIADMK and DMK members raised the issue soon after the house met for the day.
DMK member Tiruchi Siva said "harassment" of Indian fishermen by the Sri Lankan Navy was an "ongoing affair" and six such incidents had occurred over the past month.
V Maitreyan of AIADMK also expressed his concern over the matter and sought an answer from the government.
Chairman M Hamid Ansari asked Maitreyan to take his seat amid noisy scenes in the house on the issue. As the din continued, the chairman adjourned the house till 12 noon.
Bharatiya Janata Party members M Venkaiah Naidu and Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi earlier sought suspension of Question Hour to discuss the terrorist attack in Srinagar on Wednesday in which five CRPF personnel were killed.
- India's 'Eyes in the Skies' Gave Images for Surgical Strikes
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- We Have the Right To Defend Ourselves: Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
- Pakistan Need To Be Taught A Lesson: Venkaiah Naidu
- 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' Movie Review: First Day, First Show
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?