DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rajya Sabha adjourned over Telangana issue
BJP and other opposition parties tried to raise the Telangana issue in the house.
New Delhi: The Rajya Sabha was adjourned till 12 noon on Friday over the issue of separate statehood for Telangana.
As soon as the house met, members of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and other opposition parties were on their feet demanding that the issue be raised in the house.
"The situation is grave in the state," BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu said, seeking the chair's permission to raise the issue.
Chairman Hamid Ansari tried to pacify the members and asked them to go by procedures.
The chair's attempts to pacify the members, however, failed and the house was adjourned till 12 noon.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet