Ramesh joins row over Jinnah drawing on Hindu mythology
In a meeting with party men in Bhopal, Ramesh equated Jinnah to Shiva.
Bhopal: Union Minister and senior Congress leader Jairam Ramesh today waded into the controversy over M A Jinnah by comparing the Pakistan founder to one of the Hindu trinity of pantheons--Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva.
In an apparent reference to expelled BJP leader Jaswant Singh's praise of Jinnah and the support he got from some party leaders, Ramesh said BJP "does not have much love for Jinnah but it hates Jawaharlal Nehru and the hatred for Nehru has transformed into love Jinnah".
He said Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru and Jinnah were the "Brahma (creator), Vishnu (provider) and Shiva (destroyer) of undivided India".
"Who were the Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva of unidivided India? Brahma was Mahatma Gandhi, Vishnu was Jawaharlal Nehru and Shiva was Jinnah", Ramesh told reporters.
Recommended For You
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More