Ramesh appeals Maoists to join mainstream politics
Union Minister for Rural Development Jairam Ramesh said every Indian should follow their path of peace.
Visakhapatnam: Union Minister for Rural Development Jairam Ramesh on Saturday appealed to the Maoists to shun violence and join mainstream politics to contest elections.
"The Naxalites should abandon their violent path and come forward to join active politics to contest (elections). India is the country of Mahatma Gandhi and Gautham Buddha and every Indian should follow their path of peace," Ramesh said.
He was addressing a public meeting at Chintapalli in the Vizag agency area.
Ramesh along with his ministerial colleague and Panchayat Raj Minister V Kishore Chandra Deo inaugurated as many as 59 multipurpose halls constructed across eleven tribal mandals in the district under the MPLADS.
Recommended For You
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show