DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Re-poll ordered in 5 Tamil Nadu constituencies
The EC ordered a re-poll on Saturday at seven polling booths in 5 assembly constituencies in Tamil Nadu.
Chennai: The Election Commission on Thursday ordered a re-poll on Saturday at seven polling booths in five assembly constituencies in Tamil Nadu.
The re-polling was ordered in polling booths falling under Neyveli in Cuddalore district, Killiyoor in Kanyakumari district, Thiruvidaimarudur in Thanjavur district, Arni in Thiruvannamalai district and Bodinaicknaur in Theni district, said a statement from poll panel.
The re-poll in Kanyakumari, Thiruvannamali and Theni districts was due to defective display of total number of votes in the electronic voting machines (EVM), it said.
In Thiruvidaimarurur, the re-poll is due to a boycott by voters due to the wrong placement of polling stations while the re-poll in Neyveli follows damage to the EVMs by unruly elements.
Polling to elect 234 members to the Tamil Nadu assembly was held on Wednesday and witnessed an around 78 per cent turnout. The results will be declared on May 13.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere