Ready for amendments in form of dissent notes: PC Chacko
Chacko had said that amendments could be considered if Opposition members were able to convince him about anything wrong in the draft.
New Delhi: Amid demands by opposition members for the outright rejection of the draft report on 2G, JPC Chairman PC Chacko on Monday said he was ready to take their amendments in the form of dissent notes but would not change the text of the documents.
"I am willing for a detailed discussion on each of the (10) chapters. The text cannot be changed. The opposition's amendments can be in the form of dissent notes...let the two (draft and the dissent notes) be presented so that Parliament is aware of the two views," he told reporters outside Parliament House.
He said following the demand by 15 members of the JPC for his removal, he had met Speaker Meira Kumar to get clarity on whether he can convene the meeting. "I had met the Speaker. Today itself I will announce the next date of the meeting," he said. On Friday, he had said that the next meeting could take place on May 2 or 3.
Chacko had also expressed his willingness to consider amendments to controversial aspects of the draft report which has given a clean chit to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
He had said that amendments could be considered if opposition members were able to convince him through discussion about anything wrong in the draft instead of indulging in politics.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology