Receive protest letters or we will march to Sheila Dikshit's residence: AAP
AAP national convenor Arvind Kejriwal said they will organise a gathering of thousands at Jantar Mantar on April 28.
New Delhi: The Aam Aadmi Party on Tuesday threatened to march to Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit's residence on next Sunday if her government does not receive over 10 lakh letters refusing to pay "inflated" power and water bills.
In a letter to Dikshit, AAP national convenor Arvind Kejriwal said they will organise a gathering of thousands at Jantar Mantar on April 28 and requested her to sent her officials to collect the letters. "Our request to you is to send some Delhi government employees to collect the letters. If you think it is not proper, we will bring these letters to a place of your choice. We don't want confrontation. We don't want to meet you also. Our intention is only to deliver these letters. But if you don't receive the letters, we will be left with no option but to march from Jantar Mantar to your residence," Kejriwal said.
Earlier this month during his fast against "inflated" bills, he said when people went to deliver the letters, she did not receive it and even called police to prevent them from doing so. "A question raises that whether a Chief Minister can decide not to receive letters from anyone. You cannot do that. You cannot say that you will not receive a letter though it is up to you to take whatever decision on that," he said.
On April 6, Kejriwal had broken his 15-day fast against inflated water and power bills in the capital.
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- BSF Says 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist Killed in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire in Kathua District, 1 BSF Jawan Injured
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18