Rectify mistakes, manifesto asks Left workers
Funds for the development of tribals, SCs and minorities will be doubled.
Kolkata: West Bengal's ruling Left Front on Wednesday asked its workers to rectify mistakes, check corruption, nepotism and misbehaviour with the masses.
"The main reason behind the success of the Left Front is the Left movement. But there are a few flaws which we have committed. We need to check those flaws. We need to involve in an endless movement to eradicate nepotism, corruption and misbehaviour with the masses," said the Left Front manifesto released Wednesday.
"We have to free all the sections of the state government from corruption. The police and the administration have to lend a patient hearing to the proposals and advice the people's representative of all the parties," said the manifesto.
It said that the funds for the development of tribals, scheduled castes, and minorities will be doubled.
The funds for the development of the Sunderbans and the western zone of the state will also be doubled, it said.
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 5
- Barack Obama Trolls Donald Trump Over 'Mean Tweet' on Late Night TV
- Tata Group Stocks Fall on Mistry's Ouster; Tata Steel Down 3%
- 21 Maoists Killed in Encounter on Andhra Pradesh-Odisha Border
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- No One Needs to Give Proof of Their Patriotism, Says CBFC Chief Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Controversy: Shabana Azmi slams Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis