Mining scam: Reddys' custody extended
The judicial custody of G Janardhana Reddy and B V Srinivasa Reddy has been extended till Nov 14.
New Delhi: The judicial custody of former Karnataka Minister and mining baron Gali Janardhana Reddy and his brother-in-law BV Srinivasa Reddy has been extended till November 14. Both were arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on September 5 in an illegal mining case.
The CBI on September 22 had opposed the bail pleas probing "illegal" mining and irregularities in allotment of mining leases to Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC), had arrested Janardhana Reddy and OMC Managing Director Srinivas Reddy on September 5 from Bellary in Karnataka and brought them to Hyderabad the same day.
The CBI registered the case against OMC on December 7, 2009 at the request of Andhra Pradesh government in the wake of allegations of illegal mining and irregularities in allotment of mining leases to OMC in Obulapuram and Malpanagudi villages of Anantapur district of the state.
- BSF Says 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist Killed in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire in Kathua District, 1 BSF Jawan Injured
- Search Operations in Baramulla for the Second Time
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special
- MNS Defiant Despite Rajnath's Assurance to Bollywood: Time to Arrest Raj Thackeray?
- Film Industry Divided? No Way, Says Salim Khan
- Karan Johar Will Never do Anything That Isn't Patriotic: Farah Khan