Mining scam: Reddys' custody extended
The judicial custody of G Janardhana Reddy and B V Srinivasa Reddy has been extended till Nov 14.
New Delhi: The judicial custody of former Karnataka Minister and mining baron Gali Janardhana Reddy and his brother-in-law BV Srinivasa Reddy has been extended till November 14. Both were arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on September 5 in an illegal mining case.
The CBI on September 22 had opposed the bail pleas probing "illegal" mining and irregularities in allotment of mining leases to Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC), had arrested Janardhana Reddy and OMC Managing Director Srinivas Reddy on September 5 from Bellary in Karnataka and brought them to Hyderabad the same day.
The CBI registered the case against OMC on December 7, 2009 at the request of Andhra Pradesh government in the wake of allegations of illegal mining and irregularities in allotment of mining leases to OMC in Obulapuram and Malpanagudi villages of Anantapur district of the state.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly