Mining scam: Janardhana Reddy's custody ends today
G Janardhana Reddy has been in jail since he was arrested in September, 2011.
New Delhi: Former Karnataka leader G Janardhana Reddy's custody ends on Tuesday. The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader and mining baron has been in jail since he was arrested in connection with an illegal mining scam in September, 2011.
The CBI in its chargesheet in the Bellary illegal mining case had charged Gali Janardhan Reddy, Srinivasa Reddy, VD Rajagopal and the Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) under sections 120-B, 409, 420, 468,471 of the IPC and under 13(2) rw 13(1)(d) of PC Act, 1988.
The CBI had also arrested OMC Director D Rajshekhar in the illegal mining case. He is the brother-in-law of VD Rajagopal who is already in CBI custody in the same case.
The CBI arrested VD Rajagopal, the former vice-chairman and managing director (in-charge) of Andhra Pradesh Mineral Development Corporation on November 13
Rajagopal is the third person to be arrested in the OMC case, after former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhana Reddy, who owns OMC, and the firm's Managing Director, BV Srinivasa Reddy. The two were arrested on September 5.
OMC is accused of changing mining lease boundary markings in Andhra Pradesh-Karnataka border area, and of illegal mining in Bellary Reserve Forest area.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno RS Booking Commences For Rs 11,000 Through Nexa
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: Could be Waterproof with 8 GB RAM and 256GB Storage
- #UnitedByHalf | News18 Talks to People About Gender Equality
- Watch: Anil, Arjun and Sonam Shake a Leg to My Name Is Lakhan at a Family Wedding
- David Warner Warns Bollywood After Watching Daughter Ivy Dance